I’ve seen many backyards that consisted merely of a patchy field of grass, a cracked concrete patio, and a few kids toys strewn about carelessly. Even I’ve been guilty of having an eye-sore of a backyard. I recently had a friend overhaul an excruciatingly drab outdoor space. I couldn’t believe it was the same backyard formerly covered with patchy grass. Most people probably don’t have the money to spend on an entire backyard makeover, but a few things could make a big difference.
Your backyard should be a place to relax, socialize, and enjoy the outdoors in comfort. There are a few pieces that can really maximized the appearance of your outdoor space and make it a great place to socialize. To assist those of you with a less than attractive backyard, I’ll discuss two enhancements that can make a large difference in your backyard’s appearance.
Give your backyard the WOW factor with these outdoor features:
BBQ Islands and Outdoor Grills
- If you are planning to buy a new grill for the first time or are looking to upgrade your old grill then a BBQ Island may be a great investment for you. They have a sleek, clean look and come in many different styles. You can have a BBQ Island or built in outdoor kitchen custom made with features that fit your specific needs–stainless steel cabinetry, mini-fridges, spice racks, side burners, and even flat screen televisions are available features on many current models of BBQ Islands. Outdoor BBQ Islands can come with electric or charcoal grills depending on your preference–electric grills are known to be safe and easy to use, while charcoal grills are well known for producing a smoky, mesquite bbq flavor. You may want to consider the following things when researching BBQ Islands:
- Built-in or Portable options: Depending on the weather in your region you may need to move your outdoor grill indoors to protect it from the weather.
- Electric or Charcoal grill: As mentioned above, this is a matter of preference. If you are new to barbecuing an electric grill may be a safer option. They heat up quickly and are the easiest to use. But if you really love the smoky taste of barbecue then a charcoal grill may be the best option for you.
- Side Burners, BBQ Lights, & Other Accessories: When grilling over a hot flame you do not want to have too many pots in the fire or to be caught short handed. Buy accessories that will make grilling an easy and convenient task for you. For example if you want to cook both your main dish and sides in outdoors and serve them at the same time then you may want to purchase a side burner.
Outdoor Heating Lamps
- If you are considering outdoor lighting of any sort, then outdoor heat lamps may do the trick. You’ve seen them in all of your favorite, fancy outdoor restaurants and bars, and can have one in your home too for a reasonable price. They add a sophisticated look to patio areas, and are great places to warm up and still enjoy the outdoors when the weather cools. Modern outdoor heating lamps come in stainless steel makes with adjustable heating options as well.
Now you are two steps closer to creating your own outdoor oasis. With these outdoor design ideas your backyard will be the hot spot this summer.